Daily Quote and Reflection:
First Law of Self-Directed Coaching: ” To achieve personal growth and full potential first requires “self-awareness and acceptance”. Carl Rogers, Father of Client-Center Therapy
Reflection: I agree with Dr.Rogers statement because if you do not know your self and are reluctant to examine and learn both your strengths and areas needing improvement life is just one activity after another. In addition, acceptance is not a state of passivity or inaction. I am not saying you can’t change the world, right wrongs, or replace evil with good but I like to focus on things I can control, thus making my life more exciting and fun. Acceptance is, in fact, the first step to successful action. If you don’t fully accept the reality of a situation precisely the way it is, you will have difficulty getting going to change it . Moreover, if you don’t fully accept the situation, you will never really know if the situation needs changing. In the Self-Coaching Challenge I am going to provide a model for you to get going on personal changes.
Self-Coaching Challenge: Creating Your Future in next 30 days: 6 Steps for Continuous Personal Change
CONTINUOUS CHANGE AND PERSONAL GROWTH MODEL
1. Ask yourself WHY you want to make this personal change
2. ASSESS? Where your are NOW ( Point A)
3. WHAT? Describe in realistic and specific detail your end goal ( Point B )?
4. HOW? Creating the future (Development Plan)
5. ACTION PLAN: WHO, WHERE, BY WHEN
6. CONTINUOUS LEARNING AND FEEDBACK LOOP: Use a metric to assess your changes. Ask others how you are doing in regard to a specific change goal, like listening. Do they see the changes? Are they experiencing you in new way? What suggestions do they have for you to change even more? Thank the for the feedback.