“Everyone has inside of them a piece of good news.
Good news is that you don’t know how great you can be.
How much you can love!
What you can accomplish!
What your potential is! ”
Reflection: Identify your good news or strengths to overcome fears. Do it now don’t wait. Coach Mark
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”
― Barack Obama
Challenge: Don’t lie to yourself because it limits your creativity to solve daily life problems. Review the quote below and and on a 1-10 scale score yourself on authenticity and then take action to be more honest with yourself on the barriers holding you back from living a more constructive and deliberate life.
” Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to GIVE TRUST AWAY AND BE HONEST. The choice to let our true selves be seen.”— Brené Brown
“Hold on to your own convictions, despite what society and other people want you to believe.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Be more open and curious by embracing the goal of life-long “learning”. Learn something new everyday.
- Find Courage and Mental Toughness by embracing Vulnerability and Failure. Learn the lesson form screwing-up and then show resilience by snapping back into action.
- Accept imperfection by building more competence and confidence through increased Self-Efficacy
- Feel Compassion: For Yourself and Others
- Except Uncertainty and change with more ease
- Express and show more gratitude and kindness toward others
- Physically Present yourself in a more assertive and positive manner
- Be more mindful and present in the “here and now”
- Play and Learn More: Take on learning challenges, try new things, be “gritty” and have fun!
- Give Trust away…
Have you learned this lesson for living a more constructive life?
Reflection: If any thing is sacred in life, it is the human mind, words, body and behavior being congruent. Other wise you are perceived as inauthentic and a hypocrite. So be curious and authentic when interacting with others and not judgmental or just playing nice.
Challenge: How are going to be more positive and congruent when interacting with others?
Daily Quote: What you are thinking, what shapes your mind is in the end, what makes the biggest difference of all. Willie Mays
Reflection: Your toughness is made up of equal parts belief about your ability and willingness to change, persistence and deliberative practice of new strategies and full reflection on your experience. The toughest opponent of all is the negativity and skeptic or sarcastic alien inside your head.
Here are 4 tips for overcoming negativity in your life.
1. Believe it or not, passions grow out of your values. Make early, wise choices to value what (and who) is good, trustworthy, and praiseworthy.
2.Think straight, talk straight and do the straight or right thing to grow your character and live by your values and principles
3. Find a passion. Pick a hobby, own it: running, photography, juggling, tennis, writing, poetry, art or whatever interests you. Get your 10,000 hours of perfect practice in early and change your life.
4.Don’t bother comparing yourself to others—this only leads to frustration, anger, and disappointment.
Self-Coaching Challenge: What’s the one thing you would do right now if you had more confidence? What are you going to do to gain more self-confidence and mental toughness or grit in trying to achieve your goals and dreams for living a more fulfilling and constructive life?