“The truth depends upon a walk around the lake.” Wallace Stevens.
Let’s take a walk together and reflect on what learning is…
I spent the last few hours pondering and responding to this incomplete sentence. Learning is…
On this post you will find my list of 25 statements . Let’s see if you can add a few more insights so we can increase our perspectives of learning.
1. Never complete or finished
2. Learning is being curious.
3. Learning is stopping and reflecting.
4. Learning is life long.
5. Learning is approximate and always incomplete.
6. Learning is making mistakes; then understanding the lesson.
7. Learning is never giving up on yourself.
8. Learning is teaching a communications class or any other subject.
9. Learning is appreciating the power of focus and concentration.
10, Learning is trusting your ideas.
11. Learning is to be present in the moment not day dreaming.
12. Learning is all about knowing that the more you understand; the more you have to learn.
13. Learning is a deliberate intention to stretch yourself.
14. Learning is tapping your potential and passion for growth and development.
15 Learning is not being stubborn or bullheaded
17. Learning is seeing your 401K becoming a 101K.
18. Learning is all about flexible thinking.
19. Learning is absorbing data turning it into information and then into usable knowledge.
20. Learning is growing old with dignity and passing on your wisdom.
20. Learning is using trail and error; then remembering what was right and what was wrong.
21. Learning is listening to a preacher or teacher and taking home one or two useful ideas.
22. Learning is conquering your fears.
23. Learning is showing up and being present.
24. Learning is challenging your irrational ideas and bad behavior.
25. Learning is sometimes being silent and just listening.
Add your ideas about learning; at least it will take your mind off of the economy.