Some Inspiring quotes on lessons of failure:
Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
George Herman “Babe” Ruth
One who fears failure limits his activities.
Failure is only the opportunity to more
intelligently begin again.
Failure is the foundation of success; success is the lurking place of failure.
Prescription for Mindset Changes: To get the changes in a mindset or view point you must take full control of your thinking. To do this you can try this smart-step intervention: STOP- TAKE DEEP BREATH- THINK POSITIVE THOUGHT – THEN ACT. For example, the fear of failure is usually based on the need to be successful and avoid looking bad. To change your fear of failure thinking stop playing the game in the safe mode. By playing safe I mean you hsvr sdopted s clode or fixed mindset by not taking risks don’t or avoiding actions they might fail at . People do this because they are afraid of being labeled a loser. The key point is to do the “best you can” by giving 100% effort and view risks of failure as chances to learn. Through failing you can learn many life lessons –
1. We don’t always need to win and through failure you can learn how to grow and develop.
2. Failing is not the end of the world. It may be inconvenient but not catastrophic. Failure is just another for learning.
3. Competition and challenges that stretches us are good for brain growth..
4. Perfection leads to many negative messages, usually stops us from exploring options and undermines our self-efficacy which is our belief that we are capable of being successful when confronting difficult situations or situations where we have to practice and make the effort to learn.
5. Mistakes and failures force us to examine our abilities and strengths and take ownership for decisions and choices in life.
- Next time you are afraid of doing something–Try using the STOP-BREATH-POSITIVE THINKING AND ACT INTERVENTION
- Watch the following TED Talk on overcoming fears–http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ted+talks+on+overcoming+fear&FORM=VIRE9#view=detail&mid=129BF69B7C02EF95865C129BF69B7C02EF95865C