When negative events and thoughts happen, use positivity habits and words to find ways out of the negative in order to help you to control thoughts, do better, and move forward. The practice of positive self-talk is often the process that allows you to discover hidden strengths and build a “tougher mental attitude” by choosing “positivity” or negativity in any given situation.
Here are a few positivity quotes and ideas for you to use the next time you face strong negative self-talk
- Stop.. Breathe. Observe. Say—No! No! I can handle this and I will do the best I can.
- These negative thoughts won’t kill me; so confronting them makes me stronger.
- Reach for the moon if you miss you will still hit the stars.
- Don’t believe negative thoughts from the past just be the best you can be now in this moment.
- Your past does not have to be your future.
- It’s not what negative talk says to you that counts the most, it’s how you think and react to them that is really most important.
- Better to do something imperfectly than to sit there and do nothing.
- Within you is the capacity to actualize all that you need or desire.
- There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- Don’t be pushed by your negative thoughts. Be led by your purpose and dreams.
- Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.
- Life is beautiful because of you.
- The hardest thing in this world is to live in it, be courageous and keep moving forward
- We shall draw from positivity itself the means of control and inspiration.