Daily Quote: “KEEP AWAY FROM THOSE WHO TRY TO BELITTLE YOUR AMBITIONS. SMALL PEOPLE ALWAYS DO THAT, BUT THE REALLY GREAT ONES MAKE YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU TOO CAN BECOME GREAT.” MARK TWAIN
REFLECTION: SO TRUE. I DO NOT NEED TO ADD MY 2 CENTS!
SELF-COACHING CHALLENGE: ESTABLISHING YOUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS EXERCISE.
Instructions: Many organizations have a Board of Directors to provide policy guidance and direction. On this Board of Directors are key individuals who contribute to the formulation of the organization’s vision/mission, goals and operating policies.
If you take a moment to reflect…you will realize that you have a “Personal Board of Directors” that has influenced you, at one time or another, during your life.
Spend the next 10 minutes trying to recall each of the members of your “board”. Write their names DOWN AND IDENTIFY HOW THEY HAVE BEEN INFLUENTIAL IN YOUR LIFE.
After identifying the members of your “Board of Directors” and answer the following questions:
1. Who provides emotional support? Who do you turn to when times are tough or to share your successes?
2. Who provides emotional challenge? Who helps you see reality when your emotions are dominant?
3. Who provides a nice balance to your strengths and weakness? Who do you turn to when you are stumped or need ideas?
4. Who provides inspiration and stimulates you to do your absolute best?
5. Who provides comic relief? Who do you have fun with?
6. Who can level with you and provide caring confrontation and feedback without you getting defensive?
7. Who sees the world through the same set of eyes and point of view and can provide support when you are down or stuck?
8. How many are older than you? ………………younger than you?
9. How many are males?……………………females?
10. Who do you absolutely trust and you feel comfortable with so that you can be vulnerable with and self-disclose inner secrets and dreams?
Now …who are willing to call or contact to tell them that they have had an impact on your life? Pick one person…..and do it tonight!
Do the rest of your contacts by the end of the month.