Just wanted to provide my readers with the philosophical and operating principles that make Self-Directed Coaching effective. They are:
- Belief in the other person’s ability to change and grow. Establish the connection and mindset that when people are believed in they begin to discover their strengths and believe in themselves.
- Trust others; they learn to trust you and then themselves.
- Human beings have a deep and unending need to be understood and connect with at least one other person.
- The ability to confront disappointments, pinches in expectations, untruths and fears provide the structure to help people think, feel and act more constructively in meeting their needs and changing their day-to-day lives.
- Encourage CLEAR AND AGREED TO EXPECTATIONS, accountability, participation and ownership for behavior and results.
- Encourage congruence in values, thinking and authentic action that leads to positive behavioral changes and concrete action.
- Establish habit of Continuous improvement