CORE PRINCIPLES AND TRUTHS:
Quote : “You cannot teach a person anything; you can only help him find it within himself.” – Galileo
1. It is not the circumstances, but our thoughts about the circumstances that create our experience.
2. We cannot control everything in the world. So decide if you control a situation and if you do and do not like what is happening chose to do something different to change the feeling or situation; if you can not control the situation or events choose to let go of the need for control and move on.
3. Nothing outside of us has the power to make us feel good or bad. It is our choices that determine how we feel and behave.
4. We are driven and motivated by what we choose to think about.
5. Emotions are triggers that lead to action.
6. We can’t permanently change our habits or results without changing our thinking
7. We don’t have to get anything in a material sense to feel better; we have the power to feel better right now.
8. Being conscious and choosing our thoughts is the most important component to feeling better.
Exploring and expanding on the Self-Directed Coaching (SDC) principles–Flushing-out Principle #1
Change the way you think and you can change how you feel and act. So every time you think of something, you choose the feelings that are associated with it. If you have a negative thought you are guaranteed to have a negative feeling associated with that thought. So the question is, “How do you feel when you think that thought?” This approach will help you sort out that things happening in your world (a difficult situation or a pressing problem or decision to be made) that they are supposedly causing your feelings. The truth is that the negative or positive thoughts you choose not circumstances or problems cause your attitude and feelings.