To accurately assess your organization’s for “coaching and personal development” it is important to look at your current level of leadership and development attitudes and realities. You can start a discussion about leadership and change in your team or organization by asking questions such as:
• What’s our assessment of the organization’s approach to “soft skills” education and coaching?
• Where do I and others need to be more effective leaders and coaches?
• What is encouraging and helping promote and foster leaders and coaches — for individual development and for broader organization growth?
• What is impeding, creating barriers or discouraging open communication and personal development for individuals and for the broader organization?
• What would you recommend changing or enhancing so as to help encourage, promote
and foster leadership development in your team?
• What do we do when someone comes to us with a request for leadership or managerial development? What could we do differently?