Daily Quote: “Many people die with their music still in them”. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Reflection: Many of us get stuck or die with our music in us because we just go through life one-step and and one day at a time. If we had a clear purpose in life it’s importance would come into clearer focus. Purpose is the value we want to center our life around which provides meaning and direction to our daily living. —to make a positive difference in the lives of people I encounter.
- What is your purpose in life?
- What values do you honor and want to express in your daily life?
- In what ways do you experience these values in your daily life?
- If you don’t experience them—How can you set out a path to experience them in your daily living?
When we have a purpose it usually results in becoming more:
1. More authentic—don’t need to pretend about who are and what we are about in life
2. Clarity about ourselves and set priorities and remove clutter from living
3. Focus on what matters most in life.
4. Deliberate organization of life around your purpose
5. Energy and direction on a meaningful path for living and not just meandering aimlessly through life.