Coaching Framework : Achieving Meaningful and Purposeful Living Plan
CLarify mutual goals for meeting and conversation
OBJECTIVELY assess current situation –supportive listening and questioning
AGREEMENT on needs, challenges, problems and opportunities
CREATE and Commit to solution plans through collaboration and partnering
HOW TO implement & continuously improve “action plans” for achieving personal goals
- Mobilization tactics
- Creating positive climate and attitude
- Feedback loops
- Self-renewal processes
In the final analysis, if we earn other people’s respect and trust they will open up to being influenced by us and work on needed changes. Imposing our point of view or demanding change makes others defensive and resistant to advice. We need to create a partnership based on trust and collaboration.
What all this comes down to, are a few philosophical and operating principles that make life coaching effective. They are:
- Belief in the other person’s ability to change and grow. Establish the connection and mindset that when people are believed in they begin to believe in themselves.
- Trust others; they learn to trust you and then themselves.
- Human beings have a deep and unending need to be understood and connect with at least one other person. For critical on going self understanding the coach needs to connect and create an open and positive and relationship to foster the conditions for personal growth.
- The ability to confront disappointments, pinches in expectations, untruths and fears provide the structure to help people think, feel and act more constructively in meeting their needs and changing their day-to-day lives.
- Encourage CLEAR AND AGREED TO EXPECTATIONS, accountability, participation and ownership for behavior and results.
- Encourage congruence in values, thinking and authentic action that leads to positive behavioral changes and concrete action.
7. Establish habit of Continuous improvement