Quote: “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and being flexible enough to change the plan if it is not working”. Mark W. Hardwick
I am starting a new series on Daily Management Tips–Here is my first edition to your tool box. Enjoy and let me know how it worked so I can share with our community
Process Framework and Flow for Coaching Session
Before session check for convenient time to discuss issues and opportunities. Be clear on goals or objectives for the session… Remember to Use how to… (statement) For Example, GM says to sales manger… Bill can we meet at 10:00 am tomorrow to discuss How to improve our current status for 18 wheeler sales in the Down River location. I will need to know what is in the funnel–prospects, proposals out and your best guess on closes for Q4.
Process Steps of C.O.A.C.H. structure
- Clarifying and reviewing your goals, needs and wants for meeting; then get agreement if that is okay with them. Set meeting time and length for discussion.
- OBSERVATIONS ABOUT CURRENT SITUATION.
- What is the status of the current situation or problem?
- Review obstacles or interferences.
- Find out how they feel about the situation and people involved?
- What have they tried or are trying to remedy the situation or solve problem?
- Accept and listen to their viewpoint by clarifying, asking questions and restating feelings, viewpoint and facts about the situation
- Create possible alternatives and solutions for the problem or opportunity. Review their knowledge, skills and attitude about the situation from a technical, people, strategic and urgent point of view.
- How to’s Action Plan jointly developed and agreed to …WHO does WHAT, by WHEN and HOW. Also, review resources and support needed and commit to reviewing progress at a specific time in the future. Encourage communication between sessions if emergencies or urgent things come up.