Part 1 Making your next Presentation- Remarkable
Connecting with the audience is one of the most challenging of the four keys to becoming a remarkable presenter- start
- You must be ready to start with high energy and hit your marks perfectively so to keep the audience engaged and curious about your topic
- Connecting is all about observation and building rapport and empathy. To do this you nee to show interest and understanding about your audience needs and problems.
- You need to know how to effectively open-up conversations. The skill of improvising and be attuned to audience feelings and distractions help you to customize your presentation as you go.
- You must find ways to engage and connect emotionally not just presenting facts, bullet point slides and logic.
- Having the audience answer why they are attending or interested in the presentation needs to be ask at least three times so as to uncover the members “unique” objective or goal for the session.
Adult Learning design principles for connecting:
- Show passion and belief for message- by building common ground through sharing values and personal stories; let the audience engage with you by answering questions throughout the presentation; let them know what is important to you ans probe what is important to them;.
- Be authentic and believable –the more authentic you are perceived to be the easier it will be to connect with you and your message
- Make your stories, facts and figures come to life by using visuals and being confident in how you present information.
- Remember in presenting –“less is more” so be concise and present information that is relevant to the audiences experience and needs.
2. Audience-Centered– Capture audience attention by assessing expectations and needs.
3. Purposeful Message–Design message to be “sticky “ and memorable
4. Ripple to Waves–Stimulate curousity and challenge audience point of view and actions