“Knowing yourself and being present and sensitive to others needs is the beginning of “greatest”. MWH
I teach people how to achieve greatness in performance activities such as presentations. In a world where communication effectiveness is key to success at interpersonal interactions it critical to your quality of life to always be improving.. In essence, my vision is to change the world of presentation one performance and one person at a time. The way I teach it varies from engagement to engagement. Some of my teaching is one on one coaching, sometimes in small groups and some times to large audience trying to model and demonstrate effective engagement and connection strategies and tactics.I like to thoroughly understand who I am talking with and identifying what they want to accomplish to become better communicators.
The Presenter’s Playbook for Greatness .
1. Embrace the challenge of the presentation and opportunity to show your best.
2. Trust and believe in your message and ability to deliver it in a memorable way.
3. Get out of worrying about acceptance and results and into the process of connecting with the audience
4. Be audience-centered and focused not self-centered and arrogant.
5. Be prepared to accept surprises and be confident that nothing will upset you on the platform.
6. Learn to be flexible and open and ready to change at moment by reading your audience and listening for non-verbal feedback
7. Don’t just “wing it” learn to love planning, design and practice.
8.. Love your message and audience–don’t effort or try so hard be authentic and play to your natural strengths
9. Respect audience attention span and learning capacity.–Don’t over load them with facts , figures and information
10. Remember — Perfection is a killer to spontaneity so be present in the moment and have fun doing it. Be your own best friend.