Want to be perceived as an effective leader? Be open to all ideas and don’t be afraid to show your vulnerability. Vulnerability is all about trusting yourself and others. Surround yourself with team members who understand the importance of the human side of an organization. Executives need to have a great sensitivity for people issues and enjoy being on a winning team.
Tips to Lead by:
1. Give the credit away to your team
2. Make ours feel important–listen and ask questions
3. Show you care don’t just talk about it
4. Roll-up your sleeves and pitch in.
5. Focus on people and customers and the bottom line will take care of itself
6. Be dependable and responsive. Do what you say you will do!! (DWYSYWD)
7. Be assertive for your vision and involve others in the decisions and action to produce results